Bed bugs do not just appear out of thin air in a home or place of business; they are introduced to living and work spaces.
One of the most common ways people pick up and transport bed bugs is when they travel. It is not the stereotypical “fleabag” hotel that most would assume is infested with bed bugs. These nasty blood-feeders can be found in budget motels and in presidential suites of five-star hotels.
Follow these important guidelines to help lessen the chance of bringing bed bugs back to your home or office:
- Before leaving home, place multiple large size plastic bags in your laundry area and purchase several “No Pest Strips” (available at home improvement stores). Also have a change of clothes set in your laundry.
- Enjoy your travel and avoid unpacking and placing your clothing in dressers and nightstands, if possible.
- Upon your return home, DO NOT take your luggage and clothing into your bedroom to unpack.
- Take luggage directly to the laundry room. Clothing that can be washed – place in the dryer on the hot cycle for 20-30 minutes, then wash and dry. If you have clothing to dry clean, place that clothing in one of your large plastic bags and seal to deliver to dry cleaners. If there is clothing or items that you do not wash, you may place them in the dryer on the hot cycle for 20-30 minutes. An alternative to heating items in the dryer would be to place the items in a chest freezer for approximately one week and then remove. Change from your travel clothing into clothing that was left in the laundry room.
- Following handling of clothing place luggage in large plastic bags and place a “no pest strip” in each bag and seal bags. Leave luggage in bag for a minimum of one week prior to removal, airing out, and then storing. Always be sure to read and follow label instructions.
Following these procedures lessens the likelihood of bringing bed bugs into a home following a vacation or business trip.
If you have a bed bug problem or think you might, and don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. Contact Budget Pest Control,Inc at 412-318-4912.
Here at Budget Pest Control, Inc. we implement a combination of family & pet friendly Bed Bug Control treatments to make sure you can sleep tight. Our technicians will do a thorough inspection to help determine areas of infestation and give advice on minimizing chances for future problems. Next, (this is where experience takes center stage) an extremely thorough Bed Bug Control treatment designed to kill not only bed bugs and more importantly… their eggs is performed. Our Bed Bug Control services come with a written warranty, meaning that when we put bed bugs to bed, it’s for good.
Call us today at 412-318-4912 for a FREE estimate. https://budgetpestcontrolpgh.com/