Clothes Moth Control & Carpet Moth Control
Where are all these tiny moths coming from?! You may be noticing the moths, you may be noticing the larvae, and you may be noticing holes in certain clothing items. What is going on here? Adult clothing moths are 7-8 mm and are a golden buff color. The larvae can often be found feeding under collars, cuffs, and hidden parts of clothing. The clothing moth feeds on animal by-products such as furs, wool carpets/clothing, tapestries, feathers, etc.., YUMMY animal-by-products!
Why do I have them? Somehow, someway, they got transported to your location. Dependent on the conditions in your home (humidity, temperature, feeding conditions), soon you can have quite the infestation. Both the male and female clothing moth shuns light so they are often overlooked.
What can I do to help before the service? It is best to go through your clothing and either throw out or dry clean any affected items. Also, dry clean any area rugs, blankets, tapestries, etc.. that are made from animal-by-products. Be sure to place those dry cleaned items in an air tight, sealed container where possible. Be sure to be very clean and vacuum often, especially if you have pets. Empty the vacuum or dispose of the vacuum bag afterwards.
They’re annoying me quite a bit. How do I get rid of them? Call Budget Pest Control to speak about our Clothes Moth Control & Carpet Moth Control! We have a state of the art multi-step Clothes Moth Control & Carpet Moth Control designed to take care of the entire life cycle! Our friendly, informative office technicians will advise you the proper preparation of your home for our service. Upon arrival our certified field technicians will go over your particular infestation, conduct a thorough inspection, and provide you with the treatment necessary to get you well on your way to hole-less clothing!
Clothing Moths are about a half inch long and are pale yellow in color. Serious infestations of these moths can develop undetected and they can cause serious damage to clothing and other linens with a home. The areas usually damaged by clothing moths are lesser used clothes and blankets and any other linens that are seldom used by people.
- Clothing Moth Larvae do not have eyes.
- Clothing Moths can live anywhere from 4 days to a month, depending on the species.
- Clothing Moths can feed on any type of animal product; wool, fur, feathers and leather are all common foods.
Myth: Clothing Moths, like other moths, are attracted to light.
Fact: Adult Clothing Moths hate light which can lead to them being virtually un-noticed.
Myth: Clothing Moths just feed on clothes.
Fact: Clothing Moths can feed on any animal product, whether it be tapestries, carpet, blankets or even rugs!
- Moth infestations typically present themselves in the form of damage to clothing. The clothing moths leave irregular holes of various sizes in garments.
- Eggs in dark secluded places of your dresser and closet also indicate that you have a clothing moth problem.
- Larvae of the clothing moth are generally found in dark areas of shirts. Areas like under the collar or under the arm of the shirt.