Isn’t it great to see family and friends on Thanksgiving? There’s all that catching up to do. But, traveling to see the people we love can be stressful. There’s packing and long hours spent sitting in a vehicle. On top of all that, now you have to worry about bed bugs.
Bed Bug Tips
If you plan to stop somewhere during your trips, here are a few tips that will help you prevent bed bugs from hitching a ride:
- Bed bugs hide in crevices and creases. Look for them in the creases of mattresses and box springs, in the crevices of bed frames, and other gaps around beds. They may also be behind baseboards and in electrical outlets.
- Bed bugs will have 6 legs, 2 antennae, and 3 body parts. They may be 1 mm and pale colored. They may be 2 mm and tan colored. Or they may be as large as 4.5 mm and rusty-brown colored.
- Bed bugs leave black everywhere they go. Look for streaks and patches, especially around beds and on upholstered furniture.
- Bed bugs leave shed skins. If there are bed bugs in a room, you will find insect skins laying around or stuck to fabrics.
- Bed bugs lay tiny white eggs. These will be in cracks, gaps, seams, and other tight places.
When you get to where you’re going, be sure to do a quick inspection of the room you’ll be staying in. Bed bugs can infest a home for months without being detected. Just because you’re staying in a safe place, it doesn’t mean you’re safe from bed bugs. Stay observant and you can prevent a bed bug infestation from returning home with you.
Whether you do a lot or a little to keep safe from bed bugs while you’re enjoying Thanksgiving, remember that Budget Pest Control can help to quickly resolve bed bug problems if you ever bring these pests back to your home.
If you have a bed bug problem or think you might, and don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. We are industry leaders in our approach to bed bug treatments. We are available for any and all questions. We stand beside you before, during, and after the treatment. Contact Budget Pest Control today for a free estimate or more details. 412-318-4912